Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Rethinking everything I believe

I have spent 3 great weeks in Japan visiting my brother and his girl and felt much comfortable in there. Now I am in Beijing, China. My master plan is to study Shaolin Gong fu and Qi gong here for a year. Not in Beijing though, but in mainland China.

I knew that China and Japan are very different. But the culture shock was bigger than I imagined. The air, city structure, culture - everything new.

Went out to have something to eat when arriving here. I live a bit downtown in Chongwen, and at 11.00PM most restaurants were closed here. But I found a small local place that was open. Ordered some meat dish which I probably don't want to know what it was. It looked and tasted unusual I can say. Some chinese guy took a photo of me eating it, so it was probably something hardcore. Mc Donald's was closed.

Spiritually, I realized that my next step is to rethink everything I believe in. Demolish all the everyday rituals, systems and recipes I follow. Reconsider everything. Go back to the basics. I realized that I have so many ideas and beliefs how things relate, and those are keeping me from developing the way that I want to.

I have lost something, and there is something right in front of me I have yet not found. I need to rediscover.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you are empty enough the world will pour through you. Do a spritual disco dance and shake all that stuff
off of you!