Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The art of mapping

The recent week I've been trying to improve my way of mapping my thoughts. I.e connecting yesterday's thought with today's, and mapping them somewhere.

I feel that I've just been collecting 'material' the recent days, because my mind hasn't exercised many thoughts. My theory is that when those times we say "nothing is happening" occurs, we're often in a state where we need collect things to reach some more distant state (which need some work to reach)

I predicted this day to be just another day of collecting material. But it only took me to go down and buy some milk to get my mind filled with thoughts to exercise.
I realized that going down to the shop to buy some milk also had a purpose of taking up many of the thoughts I collected. I had many realizations on my way to store. In theory, I believe every action has a lot of purposes beyond those we directly know. That's basic psychology. However, I think having that cognitively to start with is hard! I think I improved my cognitive sense to that today.

This is a interesting pattern I find myself in a lot:

Collecting thoughts - Being at home, with friends, or in a familiar environment
Taking up thoughts - Moving physically/mentally to somewhere else
Mapping thoughts - Being at home, with friends or in a familiar environment.

It can be reversed in many ways, but 'taking up thoughts' is dependent on switching to another environment than the one one's in when 'collecting thoughts'.
Now this can be developed much further, I considering doing that.

I just love exploring the versatility in situations!

No comments: