Sunday, May 29, 2005

Business card world

I've been trying to avoid the business card world, but today I realized that I can't escape it :)

Went to this hip nightclub and started chatting with a guy who was looking for a Graphic artist (that's me) and he asked me for a business card as he seemed interested in my service. OK I don't have any business cards! I do work professionally but I never really designed any for myself. OK so I ended up telling him I didn't have any cards on me, and he wrote is number on a note instead. (Hey, where were his business card by the way?)

Now, I do think business cards are good, they tell others your role in society. But I do hate playing roles and being a stereotype, which is one reason why I don't have any card. I did however figure out that it is possible to have a card with just my name and no specific title. But maybe that's confusing.

What does your card say?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine says nothing except my name and ph no. People usually know what I do anyway by the time I give them the card.

Also, I think that it is a bit silly the way that a lot of people try to make themselves "more important" by having rediculously long titles.

Skip the title, go for name and phone no only.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, keep it simple. The pro's tell you to use the back as well, for a slogan or motto or something but I don't... cost more to print.
I reckon it has to look good, that's the first thing people notice - what it looks like AND then they read it.